“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, February 25, 2011

And then there were 5...

For those of you who may not know, we welcomed the newest addition to out family on February 11. Lily Catherine was born at 9:58am weighing in at 8lbs. 2ozs. and 20 1/2 inches long. She looks just like Isabella when she was a baby! We are all so happy and excited about our growing family.

Thank you to everyone who came to visit us in the hospital. Also, thank you for all the cards, flowers and gifts. It has all been really appreciated. We have such wonderful family and friends!!!

Grammy sent us flowers with a big lily in the center. How pretty!

We've had a lot of company since Lily has arrived. The Friday after she was born, my grandmother, aunt, great-aunt and cousins came to visit and meet Lily. My cousin Ashley brought her daughter Melody. She and Isabella play so nice together. They are good buddies. I think this is such a cute picture of the two of them with Lily. Hopefully they will still be interested in her once Lily starts to get around by herself.

Ashley and my grandmother bought Lily this bouncy seat. She really likes sitting in it. It's very soft and cushy. My Aunt Linda made her the blanket she is covered with.

As you might have guessed, Isabella is crazy about her little sister. She is constantly wanting to hold her and snuggle. She is such a good helper and wants to be involved in everything. Sometimes Chris and I have to tell her to give Lily a little space. She's a love bug!

Raymond is very curious about Lily. I think at first he wasn't sure if she was real or a doll. He likes to peek at her when she's sitting in her bouncy seat. He's a little rough so we have to keep a close watch on him. We are working on being "gentle" with the "baby". He seems to be getting a little better with it every day. Isabella and I call him the little-big brother.

Lily's first church breakfast.

Raymond or Elton John???

Buddy, do you have to lay on the hairy dog bed???

I took Lily for her first doctor's appointment and when I got home Raymond was in a purple skirt. Isabella told me that he couldn't go to her tea party without a skirt.

On February 15, Raymond turned two!!! What a milestone for him! We were told he would never come home from the hospital. When he came home from the hospital, we were told he wouldn't live past a year. When he hit a year, we were told that getting to his second birthday would be nearly impossible. Now here we are...two! Raymond is the toughest and most brave little guy I know. I'm honored that I was chosen to be his mother. Happy Birthday Buddy!!!

Chris and I ordered Raymond a puzzle stool with his name on it. Isabella has one and he loves playing with it and taking the letters in and out. It came just the other day and when I put it down in front of Raymond, he was so excited! He immediately knew this was his stool. I guess we'll have to order one for Lily too!

My grandmother and cousin Ashley bought Raymond a singing and talking puppy for his birthday. He just loves it! There is one song in particular that he just can't get enough of. Check out his moves!

Until Next Time!

Lots of Love,

4 comments:

Ellie said...

I laughed and cried at this post. Such a beautiful family!! I love the video at the end and had to watch it several times. I've seen him in action with his bear...so sweet!! He sure loves music! Love to all of you.

EmBaroni said...

Love the pics :) congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Raymond!!! And congrats again on baby Lilly, she's beautiful! ~ Steph

Aunt Anna said...

Wonderful family pitures! I especially love the little video at the end!
Isabella is glowing as a big sister!