“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, November 30, 2012

Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!

I hope that everyone had a nice holiday!
In preparation for Thanksgiving, Isabella and I made sugar cookies.
We wore our matching aprons.  I think I'm going to have to make Isabella a new apron because this one is getting a little small.

 
We used food coloring and made the cookie dough different colors then rolled them together.

 
We cut out turkeys, acorns and leaves.

 
 
Isabella was excited for Thanksgiving.  She was happy that Mommy, Daddy and Grammy would all be home together for the day.  I made raspberry & cheese danishes for breakfast.  They are yummy!
 
 
On Friday, I took Isabella to a tea house for her birthday.  It was so much fun!  She and I both really enjoyed ourselves.
 


 
The ladies that work there gave Isabella a fancy hat to wear.  She, of coarse, loved it. 
 



I wasn't sure if Isabella would drink tea or not.  She ordered mint tea (yuck!!!) and had one cup.  I had the house blend and it was very good.  Isabella has found a new appreciation for sugar cubes.
 
 
 
 
When our main plates were brought out, all the ladies there, including the other customers, all sang happy birthday to Isabella.  She was thrilled to tell them all she was 6.
 
 
We will definitely be going back.  It was wonderful!
When we got home, Isabella was allowed to open her gifts from Grammy a day early.
 
 
 
Lily helped.


 
On Tuesday we went to Longwood Gardens.  They now have the Christmas lights up.
 


 
This year's theme is stars.  Last year it was gingerbread.


 
My Sweet Babies!!!


 
 
Isabella and I likes the red lily's.

 
Lily thought this big Christmas tree was amazing!
 
We are so busy next week!  We have 4 appointments, Raymond's regular 5 therapy sessions and Lily's 1 therapy session.  Also, Monday night I will be the Barnes & Noble in Lancaster at the gift wrapping table.  I am volunteering for the group Celebrate Down Syndrome.  Hopefully it brings a lot of awareness to them.  The following Monday is Raymond's surgery.  They've added tubes, ear cleaning and tissue removal from his ears to Raymond's surgery that day.  Busy!  Busy!  Busy!
 
I'm not going to put up any therapy updates from this week.  Truthfully, I just don't feel like it.  Raymond had good sessions with everyone except his physical therapist.  I think he just needs to get to know her a little better.  I'll make sure I put something specific up next week.  
 
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love, 

No comments: