“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Today, on Christmas, I sit here with my family, our three beautiful children and expecting another.  I am overjoyed to be able to spend these precious times with them.  However, this Christmas, I have a heavy heart.  My thoughts are with the families effected by the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.  Even though I haven't written about it on this blog, I have been so devastated over this incident.  Maybe it's because I have young children.  Maybe it's because it is so close to Christmas.  Maybe it's because I'm pregnant.  I don't know.  PLEASE take a minute to say a prayer for these families.  I'm sure today is going to be especially hard for them.
 
In my thoughts and heart... 
 
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel DaVino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Madeleine F. Hsu, 6
Catherine V. Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Lauren Russeau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison N. Wyatt, 6

2 comments:

aunt anna said...

How sad I am for all those families. I can't imagine how heartbroken they are. All I can offer are my prayers and hope they begin to heal.

Ellie said...

When I went past the Sandy Hook/Newtown exit in CT last week, I cried for miles. I couldn't help not thinking about those families during Christmas. I pray for strength and comfort for them all.
By the way, thank you for letting me spend Christmas Eve and day with you. I enjoyed myself very much.