“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Friday Already!

So if you haven't noticed, I haven't really felt like blogging lately.  The kids, especially Raymond, have all been sick.  Raymond was in the hospital and still felt pretty crumby after they sent him home.  Lily ruptured her eardrum and has been complaining about it pretty consistently.  Isabella still has a terrible cough.  Ugh.  I can't wait to open up the windows and let some fresh air into this house.  On top of all that, I have been trying to get the girls room done.  I'm hoping by next weekend it will be.  When it is, I will post some pictures.  So far, it looks great!
 
With everything else going on, Isabella ripped out some of her dental work and I had to pick her up early from school on Wednesday to have it repaired.  I felt bad getting her because it was the day before Spring Break, and I know they were doing a lot of fun things.  I wanted it to be taken care of before her mouth started to hurt.  She was uncomfortable after everything was reinserted because it felt tight.  After about an hour, she forgot all about it.
 
Lily is officially done with speech therapy.  She is doing so well.  It's fun to hear her talk and ask questions.  Her language is really developing.  For example, she used to say "Raw-Raw" for Raymond and now she calls him "Romey" (pronounced like Mitt Romney without the 'n') or "Ramen", like the noodles.  She says, "please", "thank you" and my favorite, "you're welcome".  It sounds so cute!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday for the baby.  She is doing well.  They said I am measuring perfect and she has a good strong heartbeat : )  I know she has a strong kick too!
I have been having trouble with my sciatic nerve with the pregnancy.  I did when I was pregnant with Isabella too.  It's especially hard on the weekends when I'm at work and am standing/walking on a concrete floor for 8 hours.  My doctor told me she thinks it would be a good idea if I stop working.  She said since I have had so many C-sections that I am at risk for my uterus to rupture just from walking around.  That's a lovely thought, isn't it?  I will not be stopping just yet.  I am going to try to hold out as long as I can.  Sitting here, typing this, makes me wonder how many weeks pregnant I was with Isabella when I had to stop working (and that job I sat at a desk all day)...hmmm. 
I figured it out.  24 weeks.  I am 26 weeks now.  So the timing is about right in terms of when I started to have a lot of discomfort last time.

Easter is basically here already.  I can't believe that.  I guess it doesn't help it's so early this year.  I still have to get the kids baskets together.

The girls and I made cupcakes to celebrate.  I found an idea on Pinterest to make edible glitter.  It wasn't as sparkly as the picture on Pinterest, but it did work well.  I think next time I will use a more coarse sugar.  It would probably work better.  It's as easy as this: 

Take 1/4 cup of sugar and add 1/2 tsp. food coloring.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

I didn't have a lot of food coloring so we made due with what we had.

From Pinterest...
 
Ours...
 
I don't have the best camera in the world.  The sugar was actually much more glittery then it looks in this picture.
 
 


 
We put the cupcakes in liner's that look like flowers.

 
This is what Raymond did while we made the cupcakes...

 
Ran around with no cloths on like a crazy man!
 
 
Isabella and I made lime frosting for them.  Then she went to town decorating.  If you would like a sugar-high, come eat one of these cupcakes.

 
Have a great Easter everyone!

 Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,

1 comment:

aunt anna said...

Thanks for the post. Ellie keeps me pretty much updated but I LOVE seeing the pictures. Hope all the kids are feeling better. Maybe you should just cut back on work hours...maybe 4 hours/day instead of eight. You gotta take care of yourself and the bambino.
Happy Easter! to all of you.