“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Monday, July 15, 2013

Remember Us?

Oh boy!  It's been awhile.  I have been so busy and haven't really had time to sit down and work on the blog.  To be honest, I haven't really wanted to either.  I just needed to work on some other things at home and prepare for upcoming events (which I will talk about below).  Where to start?  Okay, we'll start here...
 
Isabella had field day at school.  It was SO hot that day but I took Raymond and Lily over anyway to watch for a little.


 
This is the picture I snapped when she realized we were there.  I didn't tell her we were coming just in case something happened and we couldn't get there.  Arms up in celebration!  : )










 
ALL the kids came over to talk to Raymond.  I HAD to snap a picture.  It made this mama happy.
 
 
This is a picture of Isabella on her last day of kindergarten.  She cannot wait to start first grade!

 
Flashback and look at the first day of school.  What a difference!
The baby is finally here!  There were some unexpected bumps at the hospital (with the hospital, not the delivery) but we got threw it.

 
 
The delivery went smoothly.
Scarlet Abigail
8lbs. 5.5ozs.
20in.

 
My very good friend Drea came to see Scarlet right after she was born.



 
Her first bath.


 
Her extremely happy and proud big sister!

 
All the kids just love her to pieces.  Raymond constantly kisses her and Lily loves to sing to her.  Isabella is an expert big sister and great helper.
Scarlet will be three weeks old on Wednesday.  She is such a good and snuggly baby. 
 
We are currently at the Feeding Clinic in Hershey with Raymond.  The kids and I are staying at the Ronald McDonald House.  We came down when Scarlet was four days old and have been here ever since.  Raymond is doing GREAT!  He's picking up eating well.  They have been feeding him baby food and he's drinking formula out of a medicine cup.  All with the assistance of someone but non the less, fantastic!  Today they started trying to give him food he must chew.  The feeding therapist cut up chicken nuggets, French fries and peaches in tiny pieces.  He's not having it.  He actually wants no part in it.  They told me chewing is the hardest thing to learn.  I'm very optimistic though.  It's only the first day and he's unsure what is expected of him.  He doesn't understand it yet.  As soon as he makes the connection, I have no doubt he will excel with this phase also.

 
We do a lot of playing during the day here.  I have us barricaded on the one side so Raymond won't run out into the hallway (which he did - and got on the elevator).  We bring lots of snacks which keep my hungry girls happy.


 
Tiny and sweet!
We are forced to go home on the weekends.  It's a real pain having to pack everything up for one night.  I use that time at home to do the laundry and repack new cloths and snacks.

 
S..T..R..E..T..C..H

 
Scarlet is always looking for food!
She eats and falls asleep very quickly.

 
She likes to lay on the bed while I fold laundry.


She's even cute when she's sad.
 



Her sister's quickly come to the rescue!
 


 
But she's starving so kisses only hold her over for so long.


 
Tummy time.

 
My Sweet Girls
 
 
The Big Man Eating and Drinking
 


 
Yum! Yum! Yum!
 
I will update on Raymond's progress very soon!
 
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,


1 comment:

Ellie said...

Yes, Isabella has grown a lot during her year in Kindergarten. I love how happy she was to see you surprise her in school and the way all the kids talked to Raymond. I'm sure he and Lily were thrilled with the attention. Bella is an awesome big sister as always. It is nice to see Lily and Raymond enjoy little Scarlet (who is adorable).