“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Flower Garden

Last week I took Raymond to see the dentist about having his teeth smoothed out. I really liked this dentist and I am seriously considering switching to him permanently. It's a tough decision because I like Dr. Miller too. There's just something about this new doctor that I really like. It's tricky coordinating his schedule with the ENT's schedule. The other problem is that they need a 5 hour block of time to finish both procedures. It looks like July 15th will be the day. Next Thursday Raymond has the bronchoscopy and echocardiogram. Grammy is going to come and stay with Isabella. Lily will come along with Chris, Raymond and me.


Grammy was over this past weekend to watch Isabella and Raymond while Chris and I participated in the garage sale to benefit Isabella's preschool. We sold a bunch of things and made a little money. Isabella stated not to feel good on Friday and was taking it easy while Grammy was over. On Sunday we took her to Lowes to pick out some flowers for in her garden. We bought her a 4x4 garden last year. I don't plan to plant any gardens at this house. Since we live right next to a farmers market, there's no reason to grow my own vegetables. I can buy them cheaper there then growing them myself! Not to mention that my schedule is already pretty full.



I took Isabella to the doctor yesterday morning and was told she had a "slight ear infection". I was surprised that was it because she's had an ear infection before and I've never seen her so sick as she has been. So I filled her prescription and we went home to rest. After awhile she asked if we could plant her flowers. I thought the fresh air might do her some good so I said sure. She helped a little but not much. She mostly just sat beside me and watched. Raymond and Lily enjoyed being outside for awhile.



Raymond was very interested in Lily's little green pod. He kept trying to figure out how to open it.





Isabella picked out a lily for her garden. You know why. I thought that was sweet.






Raymond decided that he was done trying to figure out how to get into Lily and started to explore.




Isabella helped me pull weeds from the window wells a little bit.






While we were doing that Raymond managed to find the one place in the backyard with a little mud. He was a happy mess!






Sadie stood guard - as usual!

We went inside and Raymond got a bath. Then Isabella was out for the count. She really started to feel bad again.



When Chris got home we both agreed that she needed to go to the hospital. Well it turns out that Isabella doesn't just have a slight ear infection. She has a double ear infection, double eye infection and pneumonia. She is never sick, so to see her feel so horrible is just awful. I called the doctor's office this morning and asked to speak with the doctor who saw her. I wanted to know why she missed all these problems. She told me that when she saw Isabella she didn't have pneumonia. Now, I'm not a doctor, but I know that a person doesn't develop pneumonia in a few hours. There were plenty of signs that she was having trouble breathing. The doctor also asked me why I didn't mention that her eyes were bothering her. I told her that I did tell the nurse that Isabella's eyes were watering and had green discharge. I continued by saying that even if I didn't, she was examining her and should have seen it. I also told her that she made me waste $35 on my co-payment and the money I had to spend on Isabella's prescription because both were worthless. The appointment was worthless and so was the medicine she prescribed. Speaking of the medicine, the doctor told me that she actually wrote the prescription for the wrong amount. She prescribed 4 mls twice a day and it should have been 14 mls twice a day. I ended the conversation by telling her that she will never treat any of our children again because her service was sub-par at best and careless. (I could go on and on about this conversation!)



So poor Isabella is resting. It's strange not having her run around all over the place. I think Raymond feels the same way.


Speaking of Raymond, he has a new occupational therapist. She is a much better fit for him and I am excited to see what she has in store for him. Raymond's previous OT still has one of my books about fine motor skills in Children with Down Syndrome. It was expensive and I hope I get it back!



It's a rainy day today but that doesn't bother Lily!





Until Next Time!



Lots of Love,



2 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh my poor little Isabella! I hope and pray she feels better soon. I enjoyed the photos of the kids outside yesterday. Also, I'm glad you gave that doctor a piece of your mind, she deserves everything you said to her. Growl!!

Aunt Anna said...

I hope Isabella is feeling better. And I'm glad you told that Doctor how incompetant she was. It makes me so mad that Isabella had to suffer. Love pictures of Lily and Raymond in the yard.