“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Postponed



Raymond will not be having any procedures on Friday. They have been postponed. I spoke with his Pulmonologist at length on Friday. She told me that she had been speaking with the anesthesiologist and cardiologist. Raymond's new cardiologist feels that they are missing something. He believes there is something else wrong with Raymond's heart. This theory is based on Raymond's medical history and recent echocardiogram. The three doctor's together feel is would be "reckless and potentially fatal" to sedate Raymond at this time. The game plan is to do a sleep study (which was already planned) and to run an EKG all night. They want to see what his heart does while he is sleeping. After that, more testing will continue. Based on these findings, we will go from there. However, if Raymond needs emergency gallbladder surgery they will do it. Emergency being that Raymond is in excruciating pain or the gallstones totally block the bile duct. As soon as the cardiologist finds out more information, he will reschedule all the surgeries. It sounds like Raymond's open-heart surgery might be moved up (originally at the end of August beginning of September). So, Raymond's summer continues to be non-stop action! Despite all this nonsense, he remains awesome!!!!


The man who originally came to help deliver Raymond's stroller was back on Monday to repair it. It didn't go very smoothly and two parts had to be ordered. Despite that, Raymond was more then happy to see him. He brings tools...inside!!!



It's been hot, so we've been swimming.


We found Raymond a one piece bathing suit on clearance at Gymboree. Very exciting! He looks so cute with nothing on his face. Too bad it had to go right back on once we got inside.


Not just anyone can pull off a two piece suit!!!

As evident from this picture, we don't feed Lily enough...SO...she has to eat her toes!


Oh, hello! I didn't realize anyone was watching.

***


I can't believe it but back to school is quickly approaching. I keep getting catalogs in the mail featuring back to school clothing. We are going to have to get Isabella some fall and winter school cloths. We'll have to start putting some money aside for that.

Speaking of catalogs, the American Girl Doll catalog came in the mail yesterday. Ever since Isabella won an American Girl Doll from Borders, she just loves everything American Girl. Whenever we get the catalog in the mail she squeals and can't wait to look through it. Today she made a wishlist online. A.G. stuff is expensive but I will say it's very good quality. Isabella's Grandma bought her a few things from the catalog last Christmas and it's all so nice. Isabella told me she is going to save her money and buy something and have it shipped to our house.


I also wanted to point out that I started to keep track of my coupon savings on the blog. Paper coupons only. I'm not including store card savings. This is mostly for myself and my mom. We always talk about the good deals we get with our coupons. I love to use coupons and always have. (No, I'm not one of those crazy couponers like you see on TV.) I'm interested to see what the savings will be over the course of a year. So if you're ever interested you can take a peek.


I start my new part-time job on Saturday. Wish me luck : )


Until Next Time!

Lots of Love,

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Good luck on your new job. I know you'll do very well. Love the photos, esp. of Lily eating her toes and Raymond in his swimsuit. I will keep everyone praying for our big boy. He's our little angel, hope, and inspiratin. Love, Ellie

Steph F. said...

Congrats on the new job! I LOVED seeing all the pics this week and last! Got a good chuckle out of a few of them - Lily eating her toes and the sweet n' sassy pics!

Aunt Anna said...

It was great to see all of you the other day. If anything, the kids are even cuter in person than the pictures - if that's possible. Prayers continue for Raymond and the doctors being able to help him.