“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Monday, July 2, 2012

SPLASH!!!

Last Wednesday Isabella asked to go to Hoss's for lunch, so we did.  The three (well two) kids and I can eat there for $9.00.  That includes tipping the waitress.  Isabella ate lots of chicken noodle soup and Lily had peas, ham, red beets and crackers.  Poor Raymond watched but was a very good boy.  Hoss's was busier then I anticipated but school's out now and the farmer's market is on Wednesday's, so maybe that's why.  After lunch we headed over to Jo-Ann Fabric's to buy another pack of bias tape to finish up a project I was working on for Raymond's room. 
We are taking one of Raymond's dressers out of his room to make space for a learning area.  I want his therapist to be able to go into his room with him alone and have a place to work at, unbothered.  There are a few small things left in the dresser that I need to move.  We were at Ikea the other week and saw a bathroom organizer for on the back of a door.  I thought something like that would be nice on the back of Raymond's closet door.  So I decided to make one.  I think it turned out really well considering that I didn't have a pattern and I've never really made anything like it before.  If I had to do it over again, I would put the two larger pockets on the bottom.  I think it's going to work out great!  How long until Isabella asked for one? : )

Thursday I set up the swimming pool. Isabella's been asking to go swimming but it's either been raining, too hot or we had too many other things to do that day. Everyone was very excited. I put the kids bathing suits on them then slathered them up with sunscreen. I put my bathing suit on too. I bought a new bathing suit at Ross and I love it! I never thought I would say that about a bathing suit but I really do love it...and it was only $17.99. Yay for me! : )  


 This was the best pre-swimming group shot I was able to take.  At that point, no one wanted to sit still to have their picture taken.
The pool was still filling up with water when the kids got in.  They didn't want to wait anymore! 


We stayed outside in the pool for awhile.  Raymond was having a hard time keeping warm towards the end because he kept standing up and sitting down.  It's difficult for him to understand that if he stays sitting in the water he would stay warmer.  We played, splashed and had fun!

After Daddy got home, we went to That Pet Place in Lancaster.  Isabella needed some new plants for her fish tank and Daddy will use any excuse to go there.  The kids all love it too.
Lily liked looking at the cats.  I took her over to the birds and she kept pointing back at the cats and saying "Dadt!" (that).



 Raymond was asleep for awhile when we first got there. 
He was happy when he woke up at the pet store.


Okay Grandma and Grandpa...do you see this sign?  Look familiar?  The 8,000 lizards running around your yard are on sale at That Pet Place for $6.49 each.  You could catch a bunch and make a fortune!  Isabella will help!

About 4:30 in the morning on Friday, we had a horrible storm.  Debris from the storm hit the kids pool and it was a goner.  We searched all weekend for a new one.


Lily has discovered why string cheese is called string cheese.  If she gets a hold of a piece and it pulls all the way down, she squeals, laughs and shoves it in her mouth.  She is so cute!!!

 On Sunday Lily woke up with a 103.5 degree fever. The poor thing just laid around and didn't move. I was able to get her to eat a Greek yogurt frozen popsicle that evening. Her fever hasn't gone away yet. Hopefully she feels better soon. Poor baby!

Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,

2 comments:

Aunt Anna said...

I love the picture of the 3 kids waiting to go into the pool- it's all LEGS! Sure hope Lily feels better today!

Ellie said...

Love all the pictures! I hope and pray Lily is feeling better and that the rest of the family doesn't pick up that nasty stomach bug!