“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The State Museum of Pennsylvania

On Sunday we took the kids to The State Museum of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg.  We've been trying to get there for awhile but they are always closed on the days when we are down that way.
 
 
 
I got LOTS of smooches while we waited for Daddy and Isabella to get done in the bathroom.
 
 
Isabella is really interested in fossils.  She thought this fossil was really cool because it was so big. 
 


 
Lily thought is was amazing that we were so close to all those ducks and they didn't even fly away!
She and Raymond kept waving at them.



 
 
The Mastodon!!!
 

There was a large section dedicated to dinosaurs. 

 
This wall had replications of prehistoric trees. 
It allows you to touch them and feel the different textures.

 
Despite the fact that my arm looks broken/dislocated, I like this picture of me with the kids.




 
 
 
They have a really great children's area.  All three of the kids had a fun time there. 

 
Lily found a pig.
 
 
BOO!!!
 



 
There was a wooden bus that Raymond really enjoyed playing on.
 

 
He decided to slide down the slide...

 
Sideways!
 
We had a lot of fun! 
 
***
 
We are trying to stay dry from storm Sandy.  It has been pouring and SO windy.  Hopefully, we won't have any storm damage.  Isabella's school was closed yesterday and today.  She wasn't as upset about it as I thought she would be.  We've been having an extended pajama party.  I'm sure that helps.
 
***
 
On a totally different note, people keep asking me what to get the kids for Christmas.  I updated their Amazon.com wish lists with some things I could think of.  There is a link to the wish list's on the left side of this blog if you are one of those people who is interested.  What to buy them is a hard question to answer because I don't even know what to get them myself.  I normally have almost all my Christmas shopping done by now but not this year.  I will have to sit down and really start thinking about it.  Christmas will be here before we know it...yikes!
 
 
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,


1 comment:

Ellie said...

Love the photos of the kids at the museum. I enjoyed that place but it has been a loooong time since I was there, I think Chris was very young. No children's section but I remember he loved the dinosaurs. I just got home and found I do have electricity. It was out overnight and most of the morning. Yayyy!