“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, October 5, 2012

Weekly Therapy Update

Raymond only had one therapy session this week.  His physical therapist hurt her back and was unable to make it and his special instruction therapist's kids were sick.  He only had speech therapy and did a really great job for Kristen! 
 
"Raymond worked very nicely and hard today.  He used "set, go!" with the race track, labeled "car", "up" and "down".  Raymond requested "bubbles".
Potato Head - He labeled "nose", "ears" and "mouth".
Doors - He labeled "key" and imitated turn, blue, oh, and house.
Raymond answered "yes" and "all done".
-Kristen, Speech Therapist
10/04/2012
 
I've also been in contact with some of Raymond's new therapists.  They will be coming out to the house to work with Raymond and his current therapists to help with the transition.  They are on a break next week and wont really start coming out to shadow until 10/19.  I'm looking forward to this new phase for Raymond.  I will miss our therapists (so will he) but hope to see much productive change in Raymond with the new ones.
 
On Monday, I took Raymond and Lily to Longwood Gardens.  It was a nice day to walk around!
 




 
Yesterday was picture day at school for Isabella.  She picked out a shirt with the Eiffel Tower on it to wear.  What a surprise! : ) 
I'm looking forward to seeing how they turnout.  I was a little disappointed when Isabella told me she took her hair down for the picture but I'm sure it will still look great!
 
Also, a lot of you have been emailing me saying you are having trouble leaving comments.  Blogger seems to go through phases when the comment system does not work well.  I appreciate all the comments and the emails!  Thanks everyone!
 
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,

No comments: