“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

50 Free Holiday Cards from Shutterfly

Shutterfly is offering 50 free holiday cards to bloggers who share 150+ words about their favorite Christmas cards or how they plan to use these cards. So I thought, I have a blog and I'd like 50 free cards!
***
I always look forward to seeing the Christmas cards that people send. There's something special about going to the mailbox and pulling out a red or green envelope, knowing that someone took the time to send you a card (it's a nice break from the bills too). I especially like the cards with pictures of kids or families. It's nice to see how people change. I do however think it's funny when people send a family photo holiday card and they are at the beach. It always makes me chuckle. I get at least one of those every year. I also think it's nice when people that we don't get to see very often write in a little message in the cards. Even though, I must admit, I never do. I guess that's not entirely true. If I get their Christmas card first I will write a little something back. Normally I send my cards out first though.
***
Every year my aunt sends us the same Christmas card. She doesn't send many cards so a box lasts her a very long time. I know when I open it that it will be Santa Claus, outside, next to a large Christmas tree with deer and other animals. It is a nice card! : )
I'd have to say my favorite Christmas cards I've ever sent were the ones the first year Chris and I were married. I LOVED being able to sign "Chris and Erica Burch". It was the start of many wonderful Christmas's to come. I'm getting sappy. Sorry. I'm just so blessed to have an amazing husband!
***
These 50 cards will be nice because I can insert any pictures I want to. I decided not to have holiday pictures taken of the kids this year because it's so hard with Raymond. Since he cannot sit up by himself, we are limited with the positions he can be in. It ends up looking awkward and forced. It's also hard with his oxygen. We can take it off for a short time but his poor little cheeks get so red and sore from all the tape that holds the tube in place. Normally professional cameras enhance the redness too. Maybe next year with the new baby (who will be almost a year old by then!) we will have pictures taken.
***
Also, please don't forget to add this address to your Christmas Card list!
***
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
***
All cards to this address must be postmarked by December 10, 2010.
Here are a few additional guidelines:
  • Include heartfelt sentiments and sign all cards
  • Entitle cards with generic terms such as "Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran"
  • Limit Cards to 15 per person or 50 for school class or business group
  • Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes.
***
Shutterfly would also like me to link 3 holiday products they sell that I like -
***
If you're interested in participating in this offer, click on the following link:
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,
Erica

No comments: