“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Monday, December 13, 2010

EPDSC Holiday Party

At preschool on Thursday, Isabella participated in the Santa's Secret Workshop. She was very excited to pick out gifts all by herself and wrap them. She needed to buy gifts for 11 people and one for herself. When I asked her who she wanted to buy for she made a long list! She was so excited when I picked her up. I told her not to tell me what she choose for anyone because I wanted to be surprised too. Well, this sneaky girl told me what she picked out for Daddy without telling me directly what it was. Cleaver! So then I clarified my previous statement to her by adding that I didn't need any hints either. After Christmas, if I remember, I'll tell you what she said. Since Chris reads the blog, I don't want to ruin the surprise.

This weekend we went to the Eastern Pennsylvania Down Syndrome Center's Holiday Party at the Allentown Brew Works. We had been looking forward to it. We saw most of these families at the Buddy Walk in September but the kids have all seemed to get so big since then. There were also a lot of new members with tiny little babies. All cuties!!! It was a lot of fun!

Morgan, 9 months

Raymond was playing with a spoon up close and personal with Daddy

Santa even stopped by!

Santa even brought a gift for everyone

Tanner, 10 weeks

Meet Sara. In February of 2009, Sara was diagnosed with Leukemia. We have a special bond with her family because of our similar circumstances. Sara has a different type of Leukemia then Raymond but we still understand the ups and downs that each other's families go through. At 6, her little body has had a rough time with the chemotherapy. Sara looked like she was feeling much better just since the Buddy Walk in September. Her mom was telling me that she is doing fantastic! She sees her oncologist just a few days before Raymond sees his. So I'm sure we'll be hearing how that went soon after.

Sara was sitting in the chair that Santa had been in. She was pretending she was Santa. I shot a short video. I wasn't able to get it to flip upright. One day I'll figure it out. Sorry! Turn your volume up and get ready to strain your neck.

Over the last few days I also made a few things. I've been wanting another zip-front robe but they are so expensive. Easily $60-$70. I really didn't want to spend that much on one. I had some fleece fabric I bought awhile ago for a good price. There was enough of it for a robe. I made myself the robe and Isabella wanted me to make her a matching robe. I didn't have enough of the fleece to make her a robe so I made her pajama bottoms instead. With the tiny leftover scraps, I made her doll a set too. I just need to get her a sleep shirt to go with the bottoms. Here we are. That's a lot of flowers!!! : )

Until Next Time!

Lots of Love,

Erica

4 comments:

Ellie said...

You are now officially "flower girls!" I love it. Also, love the look Raymond is giving Santa. Isabella, keep those secrets, ok? I enjoyed the video, too. Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Jennifer said...

You girls look so cute in your matching clothes. Great job Erica, grandma would be so proud of your sewing ability. Love, Mom

Steph said...

Love the side shot of your cute pregnant belly - you look great Erica! :) The video was funny and I just love the PJ's, how cute!

Aunt Anna said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like Isabella and Raymond gave their lists to Santa. And I love the matching outfits (unfortunatly, soon enough Isabella won't want to look like mommy anymore). I still remember Emily's look of horror! ha ha