“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Monday, March 7, 2011

Reflecting Back

I was recently reflecting back over the past two years of Raymond's life with the celebration of his 2nd birthday. The ups and downs, the highs and lows, and the laughter and tears. Let's look back at few pictures of when Raymond was in the NICU.


As you look at the pictures, you'll notice his rash gets better and worse. The rash and sores were caused by the Leukemia.








We spent three long months in the NICU with Raymond. His fate unknown. Every single day of that three months was a roller coaster of emotions. I remember asking Ellie (Grammy) if people even have funerals for babies. She offered to let us bury Raymond above Oma or Ray. That was our plan because that's what we were told to do. Make his final arrangements. Little did all those doctors know, Raymond had his own plans! I took the above picture the first time we stayed at the Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia (we've stayed a total of 16 times!). I took pictures of the entire house to show Ellie and my mom. This picture in particular stirs up a lot of emotion for me. The pictures on the wall (there are more out of the shot) are all children who stayed at the house after it first opened. I have been privileged enough to meet almost all of them on one of our many stays. What saddens me, is that most of them have since passed away. There are only four children on the wall who are still with us (two of which are twins). I thank God that Raymond is one of the fortunate ones. We are so proud to be his parents!!!

And look at him NOW!!!




Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,

5 comments:

ellie said...

I was sobbing at this one and thanking God for our little boy! He is sooo sweet.

Aunt Anna said...

Now, after I left an email to you because I had trouble with this comment page- this pops up! What a joy Raymond is! he's certainly come a long way! Our continued prayers for the road ahead for Raymond and his family.

Lori Deverter said...

Raymond is certainly in full bloom, thanks to his parents! He is so blessed to have such loving, attentive parents. You are such a great advocate for this little guy! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!

Jennifer said...

He is such a trooper. He has a great smile and a twinkle in his eyes. Love the new car seat and looks like he does too.

EmBaroni said...

I remember seeing him in those first few weeks in the hospital and how hard it was to leave. He certainly is a trooper!!