“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Visit from Grandma

My mom came up from North Carolina for a visit this past week. Everyone was excited about that.




We kept pretty busy while she was here. On Thursday my mom, her friend Natalie, Lily and I went to a scrapbook convention in Valley Forge. We go every year but it was the first time for Lily. She was obviously excited...





I was making a card at one of the stands at the convention and the lady who owns the business asked if she could take my picture with Lily strapped to me asleep. She's going to post it on her company website.



***



Isabella was invited to a birthday party at Build-A-Bear Workshop on Sunday. I wasn't able to take her because I had to work so Grandma did.





On Monday we decided to go to Longwood Gardens. Neither my mom nor I had ever been there before. We all really enjoyed it. We were there for 6 1/2 hours and still didn't see everything. I think I'd like to buy a family membership because it only takes us an hour to get there. I thought it was further away then that. If we go twice, it will be pay for itself. Isabella has already asked me to go back.








Raymond enjoyed watching the water show.



After walking around outside, we went into the conservatory. There were several things inside that we wanted to see, including the children's garden.



We took Raymond out of his stroller and let him play at the fountains. He had so much fun!!!
While there, we met Hannah : )

Lily was sleeping when we first got the the children's area but then she woke up. She enjoyed sticking her feet in the fountain.

Such a silly girl!!!




I really loved the orchid room.



Grandma loved the lily's.








We met a man that was cleaning out the ponds and he was nice enough to explain what he was doing with Isabella. She was very inquisitive and I think he enjoyed her curiosity. He spend a lot of time talking to her.
Even though we saw a lot of lily's, we all agreed that we had the prettiest of all!


We had such a nice time!



We went shopping with Grandma and Isabella always enjoys shopping. She loves to try things on and have a fashion show.


I love this picture of Isabella checking herself out in the mirror.



Thanks for visiting Grandma! We had fun!

Until Next Time!

Lots of Love,


3 comments:

Ellie said...

Looks like you all at fun when Grandma visited. Longwood Gardens is nice and I love the children's section. Yup, you're right, you have the prettiest Lily of all! Isabella is a fashion diva! Way to go, girl.

Aunt Anna said...

Did you get to the treehouse with the honeybees? The catfish pond? Pretty soon they will have the train set-up outside with the Thomas the Tank Engine on his own tracks. Ryan loved those! Good to see the kids enjoying the Longwood garden experience.

Lori Deverter said...

The gardens were beautiful!! I can't believe how big Raymond looked in his stroller. I agree with Ellie, Lily was the most pretties of all and Isabella is simply a diva!!

Maybe one year I will get to go to the scrapbooking festival. Was I uninvited? lol
Lori : )