“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, January 27, 2012

Oy Vey!

Okay.  So remember yesterday when I said there wasn't anything terribly exciting happening around our house?  Well, I think I jinxed us.  About 4 1/2 hours after I posted on the blog yesterday, we had an emergency.
Isabella asked me if she could have a mini powdered doughnut.  I told her that was fine and when she went to the counter to get one.  On the counter, right next to the box of doughnuts was a knife.  A large knife.  I was downstairs switching over the laundry when she asked and forgot the knife was sitting there.  The next thing I heard was a horrible, loud scream.  I ran upstairs and saw her leg was bleeding.  She had bumped the knife and as it fell off the counter it hit her leg.
So to make a very long story short, she is okay.  She didn't get stitches because she was border-line hysterical.  The doctor decided to try and use medical glue.  Her leg is wrapped and we have to make sure it doesn't open.  If it does open over the weekend, then we will have to go back and she will need stitches.  The cut itself isn't terribly big but it is deep.  Just thinking about what could have happened gives me chills.  Thank God it wasn't worse.

This is the knife...  

 (I put a butter knife next to it so you could see the size of the blade - yikes!)

My brave girl!!!

Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,

3 comments:

Aunt Anna said...

When Grammy is there today, ask her to say the Halle halle over Isabella's leg.
A kiss for Isabella's boo boo from me.

Steph F. said...

Oh dear! Glad she's OK, how scary!!!

Ellie said...

She still wanted to walk the fashion runway with me. Actually she dressed me up and demonstrated how to walk the "walk". No complaints all evening other than one "it's itchy" comment. Halle Halle Katze dreck, morgan fruh ist alles veck.