“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The PA Farm Show

Last Tuesday (1/3) we headed back to the museum with Raymond and two of his therapists. We are trying to find out what works and what doesn't work for Raymond when trying to help prompt him in public. This trip we mostly discovered what doesn't work : )



We are going back to square one and chipping away at different idea's that might be more effective. It's all about trial and error. We'll eventually figure out something that works for Raymond. I'm willing to keep trying as long as it takes! When we go on these outings, I have no expectations. Just an open mind. He's my buddy and I want him to be able to walk when we are out instead of being cooped up in his stroller.


Raymond liked playing with the ribbon weaving activity with Lisa and Stacey.


On Friday, Chris, Lily and I took Raymond to Hershey for his dental procedure. Isabella stayed home with Grammy. It went extremely well. Dr. Ross wasn't able to do all he intended but what he was able to finish looks great. Raymond's two front teeth on the bottom were a big concern. Those two teeth were so sharp that Raymond's doctor's were afraid he might bite his tongue during a seizure and sever a major artery. Dr. Ross smoothed the teeth out and capped them. Raymond has two little chicklets in the front now. His other teeth on the bottom are still sharp because Dr. Ross was afraid that smoothing them down would cause sensitivity issues.



While we waited for Raymond's procedure to end, Lily got a banana in the cafeteria.



That made her very happy!


Since Raymond's procedure went much better then everyone expected, we decided to take the kids to the farm show on Monday since Chris had off. This was Lily's first time there.
Love this painted rain barrel!Raymond kept saying, "Coooowwww!" and "Moooo!"


I tried taking pictures of the cows for him but a lot of them were being washed and there was so much dust and moisture in the air. My camera picked all of it up in the shot and the pictures were terrible.


I had more success with the roosters and chickens. I love this section of the farm show.



Isabella thought the newly hatched chicks were so cute.


We watched this little guy break out of his shell. Then the poor thing tried to walk and exhausted himself.



Isabella and I went into the butterfly tent. I don't remember it at the farm show last year. We each got a q-tip with Gatorade on it to feed the butterflies. It was fun.



The butterflies kept landing all over me. I think at one point I had 8 on my shirt. I asked Isabella to take a picture with me and right as I snapped it she stepped away to "catch" a butterfly. Oh well, at least you can see the butterfly on my shirt.



We had lots of fun at the farm show!



Raymond has several important appointments coming up. I'll let you know more about those after they happen. Hopefully good things are on the horizon for our little man. That's all I have to report for now. Well, actually there's one more thing...



Sadie got a new coat. Doesn't she look pretty?!? Lily likes it.




Until Next Time!


Lots of Love,


1 comment:

Aunt Anna said...

Looks like fun time at the fair, even without the moo pictures.