“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, February 3, 2012

I hope everyone is having a great week!  We've had a very busy week thus far.  On Monday morning I discovered that Raymond's G-tube had come out in the middle of the night. That's happened plenty of times before but this time the G-tube had been out for something like 10 hours. I wasn't able to get the tube back in myself. Ugh. I called Raymond's GI doctor and surgeon but both offices instructed us to go to the emergency room. Raymond was in the middle of physical therapy and the guy was on the way to measure our yard for our fence. So I called Chris and asked what he wanted me to do. Cancel the fence guy (who was already on the way) or did he want to come home. Chris decided to come home and by the time he got here therapy was ending and the fence guy was just finishing up. We headed out to Hershey, hoping that the Er wasn't really busy. They took Raymond pretty quickly and just that quick Raymond became very upset. For over three hours, Raymond was uncontrollable. He screamed and thrashed around continuously. It was exhausting for everyone. Thank goodness the nurses and doctors are so patient with him. Most of them recognize him when we arrive.
Tuesday was also a busy day.  Isabella had an appointment at the podiatrist office.  She complains a lot about her feet.  Much more then a 5 year old should.  She does have insoles for her shoes but they haven't seemed to be helping.  Dr. Wolfe said her feet are pretty severe for how small she is.  Isabella is flat footed and her ankles are really turned in.  We need to have customer insoles made and it will take awhile to correct the problem.  Dr. Wolfe also said he doesn't think it can be totally repaired but we can make her much more comfortable.  After that appointment, we headed to another.  This one was much more fun...Sweet 'N' Sassy!!!

She was so excited!  At the end of the day Isabella told me she had such "a fun and fancy day".
After Sweet 'N' Sassy, we went to Grammy's house for the evening.
Raymond and Lily liked her singing and dancing snowman. 
  I, however, am still dreaming of the song it played : )
 
This upcoming week will be a busy one as well.  Next Saturday is Lily's first birthday!!!  Wow!!!  We are having a birthday party for her and Raymond that day.  Raymond's 3rd birthday is on the 15th.  His birthday's always make me a little emotional (in a happy way).  This month is also busy with appointments. 
So make sure to check back for more updates.  I'll have a lot to share.
 
Until Next Time! 
Lots of Love, 

3 comments:

Aunt Anna said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your busy lives! Hope it continues being good and happy!

Ellie said...

I love those 3 little kids sooooo much. They make me laugh and dance for joy! And tired...they make me very tired. ha ha. That was a good blog. Poor little Raymond on Monday, but the rest of the week was fun. Love all of you!

Ellie said...

Raymond is such a tough little guy and so happy. His smile just melts me! Bella is so beautiful and a fashionista. And Lily is just so adorable and sweet. I loved how they danced to the snowman tune. Looking forward to celebrating their birthdays!