“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, September 21, 2012

Weekly Therapy Update & More

Raymond had a pulmonology appointment on Wednesday.  She was not happy that Raymond hasn't been wearing his oxygen but understands how difficult it is to keep it on him.  She is in agreeance with me that Raymond's gallbladder needs to come out sooner then later.  We see the GI doctor in about 2 weeks and if he doesn't go forward with the process then we will make an appointment with Peds Surgery.  I don't want this surgery to be an emergency which it will end up being if we wait.  So I'll let you know the progress on that.
After Raymond's appointment we had a little extra time before we had to rush off to get Isabella from school.  I decided to take Raymond and Lily to the chocolate factory.  They both loved the ride.  They have been on it before but I think they are both able to better understand it now.  Raymond especially liked the singing cows.  There was a whole lot of dancing going on in our car. 
Here are two pictures from on the ride.  I didn't take many because my camera was about to die from having it on so much at the zoo on Sunday.    
 


While we were at the chocolate factory, there was also a bus full of woman from The First Baptist Church which is in Evansville, Louisiana.  They were on a bus trip to Hershey.  So anyone who knows Raymond even a little bit, knows where this story is going before I even tell it.  These ladies where all over Raymond and Lily, but especially Raymond.  Imagine for a moment if you will, in your best Southern drawl, a dozen ladies saying things like, "They are dolls!", "Your children are so well behaved." and my personal favorite, "We love the babies with Down Syndrome.  They are such a blessing."
 
I think I'm going to move to some small town in Georgia.  I will drink a mint julep everyday at noon to chase my piece of pecan pie.  I'm going to wear a big obnoxious hat and start to say things like, "I do declare!" 
Yes.  It's settled.  I'm moving south.
 
***
 
I don't have all the therapy report papers for this week.  Some of the therapists still owe them to me.  So for the time being, here are two.

"We worked on words and gestures - through session - word "o" open - blue dough - playdoh - actions - brush teeth - put on shoes - open book - brush hair - worked on my turn - used gestures - nice transitions between activities."
-Stacy, Special Instruction
09/18/2012

"Raymond said "bubble" and signed "play" when I arrived.  He imitated "key" and "turn-turn".  Used gesture ques to help him put shapes in - He needed some extra prompting at times but sometimes followed easily.
Race track - He completed Ready..... with "set - go!"
Practiced signing animals - Lion - Raymond imitated and "growled".  He also imitated giraffe sign."
-Kristen, Speech Therapist
09/20/12
 
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,


No comments: