“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Sunday, January 30, 2011

January...please go away!

Isabella didn't have school on Thursday because of the snow. I asked her if she wanted to go out and play in it a little while. We all bundled up and headed out back. I was afraid Raymond was going to be cold but I think he wound up being the warmest of all of us. It actually wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be. I was hot in a fleece and coat. My camera started to act funny while we were outside so some of the pictures look a little dark.




I took this picture the other night and couldn't decided who was sleepier!


After I was finished folding the laundry, Isabella and Raymond decided to play with the collapsible laundry basket. They were having so much fun! Raymond was laughing really hard!


On Friday night Isabella and I made soft pretzels. She did a really good job rolling out the dough and shaping them.

Isabella shaped all of these pretzels by herself!

As I was putting the second batch of pretzels in the oven I heard Raymond coughing in the living room. It wasn't a normal cough. I went to see if he was okay and his face was bright red...he was choking! I didn't panic but I scooped him up and started to pat his back. Whatever was stuck in his throat would not come out. I'm CPR certified but nothing was helping. He had mucus coming out of his nose and mouth but he was still unable to cough up whatever was in there. Then I started to panic. I grabbed the phone and dialed 911. While I was on the phone with them Raymond threw up a lot of mucus and what looked like a small piece of sticker came out with it. He was still coughing but seemed to be moving air much better. The ambulance and a police officer got here pretty quickly. The paramedics said Raymond was passing air well but recommended I take him to the hospital to get checked out to be on the safe side. So off we went. (They offered to take him by ambulance but I said I would take him since he has a lot of equipment that needs to go along where ever we go.) When we got there they took him immediately and said Raymond's heart beat was irregular. Most likely from the hard coughing. So we were at the hospital for a long time and Chris met us there after he was done working. Raymond has a doctor's appointment on Monday with his pediatrician and she is going to contact Hershey Medical Center to get Raymond a cardiology appointment there. Since this will be his first cardiology appointment with Hershey, they require that your child's pediatrician call to verify the information and problem. It makes a lot of sense so they don't schedule unnecessary appointments for people who really don't need their services. So in reference to the title of this post - I'm ready for January to be over! Hopefully February will bring us better luck!


And our shredder broke today : (
Come on February!!!
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray Feb. will be a good month for you (it's GOTTA be better than Jan.). The video clip was so cute and I loved the laughter. That must of been so scary when Raymond was choking- I was scared just reading about it.
Love to all of you.
Aunt Anna

Anonymous said...

You never seem to have a dull moment! I sure hope for better luck in February for you all!!!

Lori : )

Ellie said...

I honestly don't know how you cope with everything and still stay so positive. I love the video clip of the two kids laughing and playing! My love and prayers for all of you. Love, Ellie

Lori Deverter said...

Alex would like the recipe for the pretzel dough please. He loves soft pretzels!