“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

KINDERGARTEN!!!

Isabella had her first day of school on Monday.  She was very excited!  She got dressed and put on her name tag. 
 
Her name tag also has her bus number on it.  Isabella's bus stop is right outside our house.  We went out five minutes early like the note home suggested.  She had her backpack and outfit ready to go for weeks.


 
Finishing up her breakfast at the bus stop.
 
There are two other little girls that get on the bus at the same stop.  They are in 1st and 4th grade.  When the bus arrived and the door opened Isabella took off like a flash to get on.  I told her to stop because I wanted to get a picture.

 
Please note the look of disgust on her face that I made her stop and turn around for a picture!  LOL!
When she got on the bus the bus driver introduced herself to Isabella and me.  She gave Isabella her assigned seat, which was the first seat on the bus.  There was another little girl already in the seat and Isabella plopped down right next to her and started talking.  I waved goodbye but she didn't even notice.  That's my girl.  SO ready for school.
 
Raymond and Lily were still asleep when Isabella left for school.  They both woke up right around the same time.  Raymond spent a good part of the day calling Isabella's name and knocking on her bedroom door.  When I opened her bedroom door and she wasn't in there he looked a little confused.  I think it will get a little easier for him as time goes on.
 
Lily had a doctor's appointment Monday for a check-up and immediately after we went to pick Isabella up from school.  She told me all about her day and how much she liked the library.  She also told me that she chose chicken nuggets, french fries and chocolate milk for lunch. 

Isabella's second day was also a success.  Lily watched her get on the bus and waved goodbye.  She kept saying, "Buh-bye."  I was sent a large packet of papers to fill out and included in them was a permission slip to be around therapy dogs.  Our school district uses therapy dogs on a regular basis in the elementary school.  All kids must have a signed permission slip in order to interact with them.  I personally think it's a great idea.  I know Isabella will really enjoy it.

It sounds like she is going to have a great year!
 
Until Next Time!
Lots of Love,
  

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Isabella is such a big girl and also socially prepared for anything. Good job, mommy and daddy! I'm so glad she likes school so much. I also know you will all miss her while she's in school!

Steph F. said...

Wow, Kindergarten!! They grow up so quick! Had to laugh at her disgusted look posing for the one pic, glad to see she's excited for school!! Love the idea of therapy dogs in the schools!