“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Saturday, October 23, 2010

1st Trip to the Emergency Room

Friday was Isabella's first trip to the emergency room. She was complaining her "hiney hurt on the inside". She screamed and cried for several hours. Nothing was helping. So I took her over and the doctors couldn't figure out what was giving her the pain and sent us home with a prescription for Tylenol with codeine. I'm not going to fill it though. I will just give her regular Tylenol if I think she needs it. If that doesn't help then we will be going back. She's still really uncomfortable and nothing seems to help. I don't want something to be wrong with her but I can't understand why she is in so much pain. A four year old doesn't yell "Help me!" and shake all over for no reason. I snapped a picture of her in the ER room because she was nervous about getting an x-ray. I asked her if it hurt when I took her picture and after she said no she seemed to feel a little better about it. I wasn't able to go in with her for the x-ray (because of being pregnant) and the nurse said she did a very good job. Isabella did crack a big smile when the nurse told her it would be a good idea to eat a lot of soup. Hopefully she starts to feel better soon because we just don't know what to do for the poor little thing.

Although he doesn't like to see his sister uncomfortable, Raymond was pleasantly surprised we weren't there for him!

Until Next Time!

Lots of Love,

Erica

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Oh no, poor Isabella. I hope she is much better today. Please let me know.