“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -Scott Hamilton

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Okay, so this post has nothing to do with Down Syndrome or the 31 for 21 Campaign but it does have to do with the love of my life. Today is his birthday and I wanted to take a minute to let him know how much he means to me and our family. It's his 34th birthday so I am going to list 34 things I love about him.
  1. His Smile
  2. His Laugh
  3. His Companionship
  4. His Hard Work
  5. The way he loves his family
  6. The way he loves us unconditionally
  7. His Patience
  8. His Sense of Humor
  9. The way he makes me feel
  10. The loyal friend he is
  11. He's my best friend
  12. He eats whatever I cook : )
  13. He always empties the trash even though he hates it
  14. The way he interacts with our children (even the one who's not born yet)
  15. The way he get out of bed everyday and goes to work because he wants the best for his family
  16. How he tells me he loves me all the time
  17. That he lets me wear his shoes around the house
  18. The way he still makes my heart flutter
  19. The way he calls me throughout the day to see "how everythings going"
  20. He's sentimental
  21. He's understanding
  22. The way he still always holds my hand
  23. How he will run to the grocery store in the morning because I need more milk to finish breakfast
  24. That he fixes things for me
  25. That he carries heavy things for me
  26. That his family is always on his mind
  27. That he loves to spend all his time with us
  28. He has strong family values
  29. He has a strong work ethic
  30. That he does all the voices when he reads to our kids
  31. That he laughs hardest at his own jokes
  32. He would sacrifice anything to give his family more
  33. He's always happy to see us
  34. That he is a fantastic father

I'm blessed to have you. I love you more and more everyday. You are the person who has made me a better person. I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you. I love you with all my heart.

Erica

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh, what a wonderful tribute to Chris! He is so much like his father, a terrific husband and daddy. My love to all of you.

Aunt Anna said...

Yup, that's Chris!!!